Thursday 27 March 2008

Shefflin, destroyer in chief

I'm disappointed and I'm sure that all lovers of hurling are that there is no time frame as yet for the return of Henry Shefflin to competitive action.
Henry has spent almost six months so far recovering from cruciate ligament damage in last year's All-Ireland final.
I am a huge admirer of Shefflin's ability, I've never been a big fan of the Cats, although I think they are a wonderful side at present, and I have to admit that Henry has been destroyer in chief of teams I fancied for the All Ireland time and again over the years.
But let's face it love them or loathe them, you'll always pay in to watch a man of Henry's talent.
He has used his stick like a magic wand at times over the years and even the piece of cheek which opened up the Treatymen's defence in last year's final was sheer brilliance and talent.
Hurling's a poorer place without the talent of the game's greats and I hope that it won't be too long until we see Shefflin back out on the pitch making the sliotar talk back to him once again.

No comments: