Sunday 18 May 2008

Geezer punctured

Watched Kieran McGeeney tonight and heart went out to him.
He took it right on the chin for the performance today although I think his players owe him big time.
Several guys simply gave up today when it didn't go their way.
McGeeney looked lost for words to explain what happened but took the heat for what was one of the most inept displays I have seen from a championship side in a while.
I know from experience in club management that there are days when you feel like going home and reaching for the revolver and a bottle of vodka.
I could never understand after a particularly bad performance how some players never seemed to let it bother them.
We lost a game one night in Antrim town where we had never been beaten before after blowing a lead and I felt like slapping a player who asked me was I going back to the club for a drink!
He seemed shocked when I said 'I don't celebrate humiliations'.
I reckon McGeeney who puts his all into anything he takes on is feeling a lot worse than that.
He is a determined intelligent man and like big Arnie he'll be back!

No comments: